Set between Milan and Verona at the foot of the Alps, Brescia is the second-largest city in Italy’s northern Lombardy region, with just under 200,000 inhabitants. The city’s rich history dates back to pre-Roman times, when it was a Gallic capital. Among the many great local sights are the 11th-century "Duomo Vecchio" (Old Cathedral, also called "La Rotonda"), unique for its circular shape, the 17th-century "Duomo Nuovo" (New Cathedral) nearby, and the first-century Roman ruins at "Tempio Capitolino". Brescia is also famous for its lakes (Garda, Iseo and Idro) surrounded by mountains and vineyard-covered hills.
HOW TO REACH BRESCIA
Milano ORIO AL SERIO (Bergamo) Airport
- Shuttle bus from Orio al Serio airport to Brescia SAIA Station (near the railway station). Every day at 5:10am-8:40am-10:30am-11:30am-1:30pm-3:00pm-4:30pm-6:00pm-8:30pm-11:00pm. Tickets are sold at Autostradale Office.
- Shuttle bus from Orio al Serio airport to Bergamo railway station. The service is provided by ATB, every 20 minutes. Tickets are sold at Turismo Bergamo office and at the dispensers or purchasable by the ATB Mobile app. Tickets can also be bought on board. Trains run from Bergamo to Brescia railway station. Trains timetables are on line at www.trenitalia.it.
Verona VILLAFRANCA Airport
- Aerobus from the Verona Airport to Verona Porta Nuova train station. The shuttle service operates daily, at 5:35 am, 6:30am, 6:50am, 7:10am, then every 20 minutes until 8.30 pm. Buy ticket online (visit the ATV website) or directly at the Airport at the information Point at ARRIVAL TERMINAL or at the automatic machine. Trains run from Verona to Brescia railway station. Trains timetables are on line at www.trenitalia.it.
Milano LINATE Airport
- Shuttle bus from Milano Linate Arrivals to Brescia, from Monday to Saturday. Tickets are sold on board. Reservation requested (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shuttle bus from Milano Linate arrivals floor to Milano Centrale railway station. Every day, every 30 minutes. Tickets are sold on board. Trains run from Milano Centrale to Brescia railway station. Trains timetables are on line at www.trenitalia.it.
Highway A4 – “Milano – Venezia”; Highway exit: Brescia Ovest.
From Brescia Ovest exit, follow signs for Stadium (Stadio) or Hospital (Ospedale), which are located in the north of the town. In Via Triumplina, turn right in Via Branze. The Faculty of Engineering is on the left, near the pedestrian bridge.
Highway A21 – “Piacenza – Brescia”; Highway exit: Brescia Centro.
From Brescia Centro exit, follow signs for Stadium (Stadio) or Hospital (Ospedale), which are located in the north of the town. When the Hospital is on the left, in Piazzale Spedali Civili, go straight on toward north. In Viale Europa, turn left in Via Branze. The Faculty of Engineering is on the left, near the pedestrian bridge.
BY TRAINFrom Brescia Railway Station, the Engineering School can be reached by Metro bound to Prealpino (Stop: Europa).
Università degli Studi di Brescia | Piazza del Mercato, 15 - 25121 Brescia | Tel. +39 030 2988 | email@example.com | Partita IVA: 01773710171 | Codice Fiscale: 98007650173