There is a significant and growing need nowadays for the strengthening of existing reinforced concrete structures. Structural deterioration may have taken place, a change in use could result in more onerous loading, or requirements of design and loading Standards may change. In this context, new materials and techniques can provide cost effective solutions to both the design and implementation of strengthening measures.
It is well known that traffic volumes and loads can greatly increase during the life-span of an infrastructure. The infrastructure performance can fall under a warning level and a strengthening or repairing intervention become necessary. In other cases, the environmental conditions lead to a premature deterioration of the materials and a rapid intervention is needed as well. Moreover, some infrastructure elements were built before the seismic codes were available or before the seismic risk was recognized in the area of construction.
Deterioration of materials, higher traffic loads, seismic hazard are determining the need of defining innovative structural solution, novel analyses and retrofitting techniques for existing bridges.
Moreover, there is a stronger need than ever to grow researchers/practitioners that combine a robust academic foundation in structural analysis/conceptual design with practical experiences, technological expertise with awareness of the socio-economic impact in the field of existing infrastructures.
Hence, main goal of the Summer School is to offer innovative background, both analytical and practical, on structures and infrastructures, as well as laboratory experience.
International and National Lecturers
- Hugo Corres Peiretti, Full Professor, UPM (Spain), President of fib (Fédération Internationale du Béton) 7 hs
- Aurelio Muttoni, Full Professor, EPFL Lausanne (Swiss) 7 hs
- Giuseppe Mancini, Full Professor, Politecnico di Torino (Italy) 7 hs
- Ezio Giuriani, Emeritus Professor, University of Brescia (Italy) 7 hs
- Marco di Prisco, Full Professor, Politecnico di Milano (Italy) 7 hs
- Giovanni Plizzari, Full Professor, University of Brescia (Italy)
- Fausto Minelli, Associate Professor,University of Brescia (Italy)
- Peter Mark, Professor, University of Bochum
Who should attend
V year engineering students, Graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and practitioners willing to do research and applications in the field of bridges and infrastructures.
The School is a unique chance to meet peers, experts and practitioners in the field.
Universitŕ degli Studi di Brescia | Piazza del Mercato, 15 - 25121 Brescia | Tel. +39 030 2988 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Partita IVA: 01773710171 | Codice Fiscale: 98007650173
With the support of: